linksyssmartwifi.com - Linksys router setup
Linksys router setup is a United states company renowned for manufacturing reliable network routers. Linksys routers enable to create the powerful wireless home network which can easily connect to computer, printers and other Wi-Fi devices on your home. Linksys routers are given different looks with advanced features to have their product reliability more than other routers.
Linksys router provides the users with their best quality of essential features which are varied according to their purposes. Some of the purposes for which Linksys router are best for- Gaming purposes, uninterrupted network, simultaneous streamline for video as well as audio purposes. They are also embedded with various modes in order to provide their efficient use and seamless mesh network within the router
Linksys has provided a more convenient method to access the router which is Linksys connect for the windows and Linksys smart Wi-Fi for the android as well as IOS versions.
How to setup Linksys router wirelessly
Accessing the web-based Linksys router setup page of the router:
Step 1:- Access the Linksys router’s wirelessly web-based setup page. They open any browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari) and enter “192.168.1.1” within the address bar then press [Enter].
Step 2:- Hence you will be asked for your login details. Hence leave the User name field blank and enter “admin” within the Password field then click OK.
Configuring the Linksys router wireless settings of the router:
Configuring the Linksys router’s wirelessly setup settings may depend upon the type of router that you simply are using. Click on the links to find out how:-
- Wireless-N routers
- Wireless-G, Wireless-B, Wireless-A routers
Step 1:- Linksys Router wirelessly on the web-based setup page, Click the Wireless tab.
Step 2:- Select Manual for the Configuration View.
Step 3:- As well as Select Mixed on the Network Mode drop-down list. This is often recommended in order that devices with different wireless standards can still hook up with the network.
Step 4:- Enter your required Network Name (SSID) within the field provided.
Step 5:- Router wireless setup Select Auto (20MHz or 40MHz) from the Channel Width drop-down list.
Step 6:- Hence Select a Channel from the drop-down list. Hence the recommended channels are 1, 6, and 11 since these are considered non-overlapping.
Step 7:- Select your preferred SSID Broadcast setting. If you would like your wireless network name to be seen publicly, select enabled. Otherwise, select Disabled.
Step 8:- Click save setting.
Wireless-G, Wireless-B, Wireless-A routers:-
Step 1:- Linksys Router wirelessly on the web-based setup page, click the Wireless tab.
Step 2:- Select Mixed.
Step 3:- Enter your preferred Wireless Network Name (SSID) within the field provided.
Step 4:- Select your required Wireless Channel from drop-down list. Hence the recommended channels are 1, 6, and 11 since these are considered non-overlapping.
Step 5:- Select your preferred Linksys Router Wirelessly SSID Broadcast setting. If you would like your wireless network name to be seen publicly, select enable. Otherwise, select Disable.
How to Connect Linksys Router to WiFi
A Linksys router is a box that allows multiple computers, smart phones, and so on to join the same network. Hence from there, the router is usually connected to a modem so as to supply an online connection to any device that’s connected to the router. This guide aims to assist you thru the primary time setup process for your router.
- The router’s power supply or charger.
- Device manual.
- Driver disc (for some models).
- USB cable (for some models).
- Network cable (for some models).
1. Connect Power:-
- As well as locate the power cable and connect it to a power source like an outlet or surge protector.
- Plug the opposite end of the facility cable to the router’s power input, which is usually located within the rear.
- Your router should power on.
2. Connect to Modem by Cable/Wire: Hence your router must be connected to a modem in order to provide the local network with an Internet connection.
- Acquire an Ethernet cable.
- Take one end of the cable and plug it into the Internet (or WAN) port on the rear of your router. The port may be blue or grey.
- As well as take one end of the cable and plug it into an available Ethernet (or LAN) port on the rear of your modem. These ports are typically yellow.
- Usually this is all that is needed to connect your router to a wired connection.
- Open a new web browser. (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox etc.)
- In the address bar, type 192.168.1.1 then press Enter on the keyboard.
- You will be asked to enter the router’s username and password to log in.
- Within the event that you simply can’t access the router’s web-based setup page, you’ve forgotten the network’s wireless security key otherwise you are troubleshooting a connectivity issue, A well as you’ll need to reset the router to its default factory settings.
4. Select Password: Wherever possible, you ought to pick a password that’s impossible to guess and is additionally immune to brute-force attacks.
Password Dos and Don'ts:-
- As well as passwords should be long, 8-12 characters or more.
- Hence passwords should be something easy for you to remember, but hard for others to guess or lookup.
- Passwords should have lots of different character types: upper and lower case letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Replacing letters with symbols is a simple way to achieve this: use @ for a, and ( for c, as example.
- Passwords are personal, most services have a way to create a ‘linked’ account or share services with trusted friends and family.
- Change passwords regularly. Hence every 90 to 180 days; this helps keep your accounts from being compromised long-term.
- If you must write down a password or make note of it, do so only in specially designed programs, or keep and hold the physical copies with the same care and respect you’d a Social Security card or certificate . Remember; anyone with your password “is you”.
- Don’t use short passwords; computers can guess them very easily.
- They don’t use a common word you can find in a dictionary.
- As well as don’t use information that can be looked up or guessed, such as a birthday, anniversary, or pet’s name.
- Don’t use the same password for everything. Hence if one password is compromised, all of the same ones are compromised across all your accounts.
- Don’t share passwords. People together with your password “are you” to a computing system, or a service.
- Don’t keep the same password forever. Assume that, at some point, it’ll be guessed, seen, or otherwise compromised, and it must be changed.
- Don’t write down passwords in the open, or save them in non-encrypted files on your computer.
Change SSID and Password:-
- Once you log in, select Configuration.
- Hence then on the upper left-hand corner look for Wi-FI. Click on Wi-Fi then Wi-Fi Settings.
- Enter your new network name in the Wi-Fi Name field.
- On the Security Mode field, select WPA2 Personal
- Enter your new password within the Password field.
- The new username and password will not be activated on the router until you save or confirm the change.
- You will see a confirmation window appear briefly to confirm the change was made successfully.
Keep Password Secure:-
- Some precautions should be taken so as to stay your password secure.
- Do not use a master password that you use everywhere (such as email, work, school, home, network)
- If possible, do not share your password with anybody.
- Passwords that are shared with others, like for a home network, should only be shared if necessary.
- As well as be aware when typing your password in public, or that in no way anyone is watching.
- Some types of electronic devices like computers and smart phones can remember passwords, so beware of devices that are not yours.
- Make a schedule of when to change your password. For example, every 180 days.
- It is not recommended to write down passwords. But if you’ve got to, confirm that it’s neither physically nor visually accessible by others.
Linksys smart wi-fi app
Linksys has recently introduced its smart wi-fi app which gives the direct access to their Linksys router which gives user the convenience to easily monitor and control the Linksys router with just a touch. It is constituted with essential features to control your Wi-Fianytime from anywhere. Home networking has got more reliable and fun with this smart Wi-Fi app to easily get access into the network from any corner of the world. With the help of this smart Wi-Fi app, one can easily tap into the home network and check the list of connected devices into your home network and give a guest access on your network and can also access the parental control to safeguard the illegal and adult sites from the children on your home. You can even prioritize some devices by setting the bandwidth of the network transmitting on the particular devices. To reduce lag and buffering on certain devices, bandwidth plays an important role in which you have the access by a single tap or click. You no longer have to be around your desk to have the access to your home network and to control the strength of your network with any inconvenience.
Some smart features of Linksys smart Wi-Fi app
- 24/7 remote access- It is provided with a much enhanced feature through which you can easily access your home network at any time of the clock. You are given the facility to control your router at any time in order to secure your network or bound it according to the circumstances.
- Parental control- parental control is the most innovative and efficient feature in today’s world. This particular feature gives the key to the parents to block the various sites for the particular visitors that most probably will be their children. With the help of this feature, you can easily avoid some websites and programmers that can be an illegal one, social websites, and sexual content, adult-oriented website or can be any site which you want to keep away from your kids. This particular feature filters the web and makes the barrier for the inadvertent access to the particular website. Parental control acts as third party software using which you can totally gain the full control over your network.
- Guest access- Guest access is also an efficient feature of the smart Wi-Fi app which totally gives you controls on your network by securing your significant and personal data files. It makes a third party entrance through which an individual can’t access your private network and can do his or her work in a separate network without accessing your files and secured information. It completely creates a different network with the different password on Network. The visitor can’t be able to share or access any file through the main network. The guest access is maintained to make your network secured and safe from the unwanted users.
- Device prioritization– Through the help of this feature you can also maintain the queue of the wireless devices connected to your network according to their preferences. The device prioritization is set according to the bandwidth on the certain devices that will control the transmission of the data signals into the devices. The feature is only one touch away to control the bandwidth which in turn will control the number of signals transmitting into various devices.
Linksys WRT32X Wi-FiTri-Band Gaming Router
WRT32X router is perfect for Gaming enthusiasts, providing smooth gameplay and high network latency which can create the difference between losing and winning while competing online. WRT32 gaming router will provide you enough bandwidth to keep you within the game with the minimum lag. It’s Rivet Killer Prioritization Engine, will automatically identify the Desktop and Laptop with the Killer network hardware which will keep their priority above all the devices. The router is purely engineered for the smooth and lag-free gaming experience.
The key features of Linksys WRT32X Wi-Fi Gaming Router
- Customized Gaming and user Interface– It is embedded with the custom-built user interface and gaming firmware for controlling the gaming traffic of various users within the network.
- 1.8 GHz Dual core processor– It is installed with the 1.8 GHz powerful processor which promotes high-speed data transfer and stimulates high transmitting of data.
- Four-High advanced antennas– It is attached with four high- performance antennas to cover the wide range of signals transmitting the strong network to the router.
- MU-MIMO– Latest MU-MIMO technology gives an interrupted streaming for the videos as well as the gaming purposes.
- Advanced wireless security– Linksys WRT32X is compromised with wireless security which safeguards your network with a WPA encryption and SPI firewalls
- Gigabit Ethernet ports– Ethernet port of gigabit in WRT32X allows data transfer 10 times faster than the normal rate which ensures advanced speed of internet for connected devices.
- USB 3.0 port– Share files and data across the network with the USB port of 3.0 which offers enhanced speed over 2.0 port.
- Easy installation– Setup of the WRT32X router is easy to install with www.linksyssmartwifi.com or IP address 192.168.0.1. linksyssmartwifi.com
linksyssmatwifi.com is a link provided by the Linksys to access the setup of the Linksys router. The above link is a easy access to configure the Linksys router and also maintain the advanced and basic settings according to your will. One can personalize the network settings with the above link. 192.168.0.1 is an alternative of the above link to get to the admin page of the Linksys router.
Usually, people do not use 192.168.0.1 to get to the login page of the Linksys router cause of the complexity of remembering the dots and digits which can easily be replaced by www.linksyssmartwifi.com
How to change the password of my Linksys router?
Changing the password is the best method to keep your router as well as the network secured against the zone
- Launch the web browser of linksyssmartwi-fi.com and you also can use 192.168.0.1
- Enter the login credentials of the browser. The username field should be filled with the admin and password should also be filled with the password. Note: In case you have set your password before then fill up the password with that.
- Click the wireless on your screen and the wireless security tab. Note: For some router of Linksys, the security settings will be under the Wireless then Wireless settings and then finally display under the manual option.
- For some routers, the wireless security settings are under Wireless > Wireless Settings and displayed in the Manual .
- There will be a password field, enter your preferred password.
- Click save settings to save your changes
Linksys Router Setup Problem Solutions here.......Check Out????????
You can know about the devices connected to your Linksys router by accessing the DHCP client table. With the help of this table, you can easily be able to identify those devices connected to your network.
If you want to get rid of the pop-ups of the Linksys router, just follow these simple guidelines to disable the Linksys connect pop-ups
- Type linksyssmartwi-fi.com on the web browser.
- Log into the web interface of the router
- Click on the administration tab, then Firmware Upgrade and then upgrade automatically option.
Note: By clicking the upgrade automatically option, it will automatically update the firmware which will stop the pop-ups in your desktop.
No, we can’t turn off the password but yes, with the help of the web interface page we can disable the Guest network which will not allow any third visitor to enter into your private network.
Yes, Linksys connect is also available on the smartphone also which is with the name of Linksys smart Wi-Fi through which you can easily access your network as well the whole system of your router.
There is the huge difference between the Linksys smart Wi-Fi and Linksys connect. Linksys connect is a software application for your computer through which you can access the router by logging into the router setup. On the other hand, Linksys smart Wi-Fi app is an app for the android as well for the IOS version to easily access your router with the smart touch.
Linksys cloud account ensures secured access to your router when someone else is logging into your account. This cloud account gives the user relief for the secure access even when they are away from home.
FTP stands for the File transfer protocol is basically a network protocol which is used for transferring the files from one host to another host on the network. Using the FTP server you can access any folder or files on the storage devices from anywhere using the internet connection.
Media server allows the user to transfer the files and folders through the USB device with any other wireless device. It allows you to transfer your content on the USB device over the network.
If you have forgotten your password then the only option is to reset your router and reconfigure your router. Steps to recover the password
- Reset your Linksys router by holding the factory reset button that will probably be behind the router and besides the Ethernet port.
- Now go to control panel and uninstall the Linksys connect.
- Insert your Easy setup Key to restore your Linksys router settings. From there you need to reconfigure your Parental control feature. Note:- In case you forgot your Easy setup Key you will need to install your router again.
Follow these steps to connect to Linksys smart Wi-Fi
- Open a browser and go to linksyssmartWi-Fi.com
- Enter the email address and password that you have used for sign in.