Linksys router not connecting to modem
Linksys router isn’t working with the Spectrum modem:-
1. Reboot the modem, then the router:-
Rebooting your router means cycling the facility thereto . You should first attempt to unplug the facility connector from the rear of the router and plug it back in. As well as rebooting the modem, then the router, and eventually the PC restores connectivity most of the time.
2. Clone the Mac address of your computer:-
1. Open any web browser.
2. Enter the default 192.168.1.1 within the address bar, then press Enter.
3. Enter your login details. The default username is admin and therefore the password is blank.
4. Click OK.
5. In the Setup tab, click the sub-heading called MAC Address Clone.
6. Click the Enable option.
7. Next, click the Clone Your PC’s MAC button.
8. Click Save Settings.
Linksys router isn’t working with the Arris modem:-
1. Power cycle your router and the modem
2. Unplug both the modem and the router.
3. Wait for 30 seconds. This allows the STM of the devices to clear completely.
4. Plug the Arris modem back in first.
5. Wait a few more seconds for the modem to connect before turning on the router.
Hence there is a difference between resetting a router and rebooting a router. The first fix you ought to try is to reboot (power cycle) it. This procedure will hardly take a couple of minutes of some time , so power cycle both your router and therefore the modem.
2. Change the router’s default IP
1. Access your Linksys cloud account.
2. Click Connectivity.
3. Then, click the Local Network tab.
4. Click Edit next to Router Details.
5. Enter the IP address you would like for your router.
6. The IP address you may use for the Linksys router can be:-
10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255
Most Arris modems use the default setting for his or her IP which will conflict together with your router’s DHCP. Try changing your router IP, then reconnect.
3. Reset the router
Everything else left now’s just about returning to the factory defaults. As well as reset your Linksys router, then connect your modem to the router. Hence from the router, connect a cable to your computer.
As well if this doesn’t work, type cmd on your RUN menu (Windows). A black screen window will come up next. Type ipconfig/release, then ipconfig/renew. It should be working after that.
My Linksys router isn’t working with any Comcast modem:-
1. Power cycle the devices
Power cycle is simply different from claiming that it’s time to show both your router and Comcast modem off, then on. Rebooting them can often fix connection problems almost like yours, so provide an attempt to this method.
2. Check ISP MTU requirements
1. On Windows 10, right-click on the beginning button.
2. Select Command Prompt to open the application.
3. Perform a ping test and take note of the results.
4. You’ll receive a reply regarding the correct MTU size.
Determining the right MTU size to resolve intermittent wired connections is imperative. After knowing it, don’t hesitate to vary the MTU Size.
3. Reset the Linksys router
First of all, make sure the port on your computer is enabled. If you switch on Wi-Fi, it disables the Ethernet port. Turn off the modem and do a factory reset on the router by taking a pointy object and pressing down on the push button for about 30 seconds.
As well as after that, unplug and re-plug the router’s power adapter. While it’s booting, connect a straight cable from the PC to a LAN port on the router. Also, connect a cat5e or cat6 from the router’s WAN port to the modem.
Wait until the router finishes booting. If it doesn’t open a browser, then open one by yourself and enter 192.168.1.1 within the address bar. That should get you to log in and solve the difficulty .